Faux Sealing Wax is a plastic sealing wax that will stay adhered to the smoothest of papers, and will not crack or smear during mailing.
- For use in a full-sized low temperature rated glue gun (not mini)
- Sticks are 4" x 0.43" | 101mm x 10.9mm
- 10-12 impressions per stick with 0.75" | 19mm diameter stamp
- Shiny finish
- Flexible and strong enough for mailing
- FDA certified for food contact *
- Plastic sealing product, not wax based
- Sold per stick
Faux Wax is a very strong holding product & can easily hold onto your seal stamp; we recommend one uses an ice pack (or our non stick product) during production to easily release your sealing coin.
As an added bonus, this holds an FDA certification* for contact with food, which has made it very popular for topping wines, beers, and other food packaging.
Since faux wax is plastic based, it could be considered as a vegan substitution other sealing waxes - which use beeswax, shellac, or other animal source ingredients.
☛ Please note: changing wax colors in your glue gun can take at least 2 sticks to complete.
The wax will melt into a pooling chamber within the gun, and new colors will mix with the old until enough new wax color runs true.
➢ This can create some fun combinations if you plan out your colors!
➢ If it is important for colors to not mix, you may wish to consider:
- Dedicating one glue gun to one color.
- Cutting pieces of lesser used colors to melt in our melting spoon
- (a melting pot is not recommended for this wax)
* FDA Regulation #21CFR175.105 for food packaging / Made in the USA
If you need a seal that will crack or break for opening,
please view our breakable sealing wax category.