Waterstons Scottish Bank of England Wickless Sealing Wax
Extra long sticks, measuring 8.75" (22cm) long. Banker's Wax Traditional Sealing Wax has been popular since 1752. Banker's wax is a traditional wax, meaning its purpose is to create a tamper evident closure which provided authenticity of the sender, and will break if opened or tampered with.
This wax has traditionally been used for royal & Catholic ecclesiastical seals.
- Each wickless stick is 8.75" x 0.75" | 22cm x 15mm
- Please estimate 40+ seals per stick when used with 0.75" stamp.
- Very strong binding wax which will crack/break when purposefully flexed.
- Handmade in small batches, with 300+ year old recipe.
- High gloss finish in rich colors.
- Choose from red, silver and gold.
It is a very smooth, high shine wax handmade in Scotland, which takes wonderfully crisp and detailed impressions.
Being a solid stick without any wick, the sticks can easily be broken up
and fed into a melting pot or spoon for pouring directly onto ones application, or melted directly with a flame.
Sealing Wax Purchase
The product arrived on time and was of high quality. I would have given a five, but one of the wax sticks arrived broken.
interesting, I ordered the wrong wax and it did not work out so well. I re-ordered another version and discovered it is not what I needed either. I called the manufacturer and now have the correct information and product coming directly from them. I am a company and order volume so it is a good thing that I have learned the lessons needed to guide me to the right resource.