Mini Wax Melting Spoon
This mini sealing wax melting spoon is exactly what a small wax seal kit needs for creating wax seals on demand.
Approximately 3.5" in length, with an insulating wood handle.
1. Have a heat source available, such as our soot free soy candle.
2. Place 1 or 2 wax beads, or a small amount of broken bits of wax sticks, into the spoon and hold over the heat until the wax just melts to a thick honey-like consistency.
- If the wax is heated too much, it will be too thin, and not take a good impression.
- Using a small tool, like a toothpick or matchstick, can help facilitate melting and pouring.
3. Pour the melted wax onto your project and emboss with seal.
Waiting a few moments before embossing may create better definition in the wax.
Experiment to find the correct waiting period for your materials.
- It is easy to practice seals on aluminum foil, parchment paper, or a silicone mat, then remelt the wax in the melting spoon to use again.
- Create new colors and marbling effects by melting colors together.
To clean the Melting Spoon:
Warm the spoon if cool to soften/melt wax residue, and wrap inside a doubled up paper towel (grabbing the spoon with the paper towel works best).
Spin and rub the spoon inside the towel as you push the towel into the areas you are cleaning.
All wax and soot is easily removed with this method - depending on the amount of residue you are removing you may find you will need to rewarm the spoon or use a paper towel or two.
Be careful of any hot wax on the paper towel!
This is an example of cleaning our larger melting spoon:
Wonderful. The mini spoon holds the perfect amount I need to create my seals.