Continually operated by family in the traditional letterpress process.
Rossi 1931 is family owned and operated paper making company in Florence, Italy - operating since 1931.
These unique Italian designs, dating from the fifteenth and sixteenth century, are printed on high quality soft paper.
This entire collection is made with the family's traditional letterpress.
Developed in the 14th century, letterpress printing involves setting type and motifs in reverse on a letterpress plate. The plate is then inked and pressed onto the surface of the paper. The pressing process transfers the ink and leaves a deep impression on the paper creating a three dimensional print that has a feel unlike any other type of printing. The nature of the printing demands a high quality, and generally heavier weight, paper that will not tear or thin when pressed. Created with a perfect type of paper containing fibers that are soft and readily accept an impression as well as ink. As you might expect, letterpress printing is both time consuming and labor-intensive. Prints are made one-at-a-time with each print having its own unique variations of ink coverage and depth of impression.
We ship worldwide from our US location via Postal, UPS, and DHL options available during checkout.
Faster shipping options will help speed along your delivery, but does not impact the order turnaround timing.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, we will be happy to accept for refund or exchange, within 30 days from date of order, a return of unused, non custom/special order items*.
If we have made an error with your order, or an item is not working as expected, please let us know right away so we may sort it out quickly for you. firstname.lastname@example.org
These are a few stipulations we must make about some aspects of a return:
- Returning orders that received free shipping will have the shipping cost we incurred to ship the order deducted from the return.
- If an order was paid via PayPal, and is received after 30 days, the PayPal transaction fee we paid will be deducted from the return, as it will not be refunded to us past 30 days.
- Products must be in the condition you received them, and in the original manufacturer product packaging (if any).
- Return shipping charges are not refundable. If we have made an error, we will supply you with return postage.
- Refused or unclaimed items will be refunded when they arrive back to us, but the postage paid to send the package is not refundable.
Please mail all qualified returns to (trackable method suggested):
LetterSeals.com 24131 Crystal Lake Road Woodinville WA 98077 USA