Sealing Wax Melting Spoon
Our melting spoon easily holds enough wax for our large 1.1" - 2" round seals.
At 8.5" long, the long wood insulating handle will keep your hand away from the heat source.
The metal will not soften during prolonged use.
1. Have a heat source available, such as our soot free soy candle.
A gas stove top burner will work in a pinch
2. Place 3 or more wax beads, or a small amount of broken bits of wax sticks, into the spoon and hold over the heat until the wax just melts to a thick honey like consistency.
If the wax is melted until very liquid, it will be too thin, and not take a good impression.
3. Pour the melted wax onto your project and emboss with seal.
Waiting a few moments before embossing may create better definition in the wax.
Experiment to find the correct waiting period for the conditions in your area.
- Useful for large or small projects.
- It is easy to practice seals on aluminum foil, parchment paper, or silcone mat, then remelt the wax in the melting spoon to use again.
- Create new colors and marbling effects by melting colors together.
To clean the Melting Spoon:
Warm the spoon if cool to soften/melt wax residue, and wrap inside a doubled up paper towel (grabbing the spoon with the paper towel works best).
Spin and rub the spoon inside the towel as you push the towel into the areas you are cleaning.
All wax and soot is easily removed with this method - depending on the amount of residue you are removing you may find you will need to rewarm the spoon or use a paper towel or two.
Be careful of any hot wax on the paper towel!
Sealing wax melting spoon
This spoon is very good! Melts evenly and pours accurately. What more could you want?
Requires Soy Candle
I attempted to melt wax over a normal Yankee Candle and I ended up getting a lot of soot at the bottom of the spoon and in the wax, there was some soot already from the old candle wax I was melting, but I would recommend getting a soy candle if you're going to use this. I ended up melting wax in a pot on my stove, and when I cooked after that the stove slightly smelled of candle wax. Depending on what you have to use, this is probably a fine product. I think I would prefer a melting pot, personally.
Sealing my letters now!
It was great everything arrived sooner than I expected I even got a dum dum pop in the package so that was really nice.
I'm so glad I found this store. Im stationed at Osan AB in Korea and delivery was seamless. Thanks for the discount as well!!!