Large Sealing Wax Melting Spoon
At 8.5" long, the long wood insulating handle will keep your hand away from the heat source.
Our melting spoon easily holds enough wax for any sized wax stamp.
The metal will not soften during prolonged use.
1. Have a heat source available, such as our paraffin tea light.
A gas stovetop burner will work in a pinch
2. Place 3 or more wax beads, or a small amount of broken bits of wax sticks, into the spoon and hold over the heat until the wax just melts to a thick honey like consistency.
If the wax is melted until very liquid, it will be too thin, and not take a good impression.
3. Pour the melted wax onto your project and emboss with your stamp.
Waiting a few moments before embossing may create better definition in the wax.
Experiment to find the correct waiting period for the conditions in your area.
- Useful for large or small projects.
- It is easy to practice seals on aluminum foil, parchment paper, or silicone mat, then remelt the wax in the melting spoon to use again.
- Create new colors and marbling effects by melting colors together.
To clean the Melting Spoon:
Warm the spoon if cool to soften/melt wax residue, and wrap inside a doubled-up paper towel (grabbing the spoon with the paper towel works best).
Spin and rub the spoon inside the towel as you push the towel into the areas you are cleaning.
All wax and soot is easily removed with this method - depending on the amount of residue you are removing you may find you will need to rewarm the spoon or use a paper towel or two.
Be careful of any hot wax on the paper towel!
This melting spoon is exactly as advertised and perfect for my needs! It is high-quality and durable. I’m sure I will get years of use out of this item! I could not be happier with this vendor! Do not hesitate to purchase from them.
Great Experience, Great Product
The melting spoon works great, it has a comfortable grip and it's long enough that I'm far from the flame of the candle. I also had a great experience with the owner when I had trouble purchasing through the website. She responded promptly and the issue was fixed in no time. I'll definitely buy from them again if I have future needs!
Sturdy and beautiful
This spoon is a good larger size, is well-made, and is beautiful!
Sturdy and beautiful
This melting spoon is a generous size, is well built, and is beautiful!
As expected and my seals turned out great.