Italian Silver Plated Sealing Wax Melting Spoons
Traditionally cast and silver plated in the ornate Florentine method, these Italian-made sealing wax melting spoons are a useful tool for melting any sealing wax style.
Rose handle spoon has a larger bowl size, now with both sides fluted for right or left hand pouring.
Fluer de Lys handle features a smaller bowl, with a fluted pouring spout on the side.
NEW! Edelweiss handle with extra large bowl, sides are not fluted (photo coming soon)
Each bowl design works wonderfully and allows for the exact placement of your melted wax.Using a Melting Spoon
1. Have a heat source available, such as our paraffin tea light
A gas stovetop burner will work in a pinch.
These spoons are not intended for use with platform-style wax melters (metal platform over tea candle), as the spoon bowls vary in size and may not fit the platform holes in these melters.
Be careful to not overheat the spoon, as the metals may soften.
2. Place 3 or more wax beads, or a small amount of broken bits of wax sticks, into the spoon and hold over the heat until the wax just melts to a thick honey-like consistency.
If the wax is melted until very liquid, it will be too thin, and not take a good impression.
3. Pour the melted wax onto your project and emboss with your stamp.
Waiting a few moments before embossing may create better definition in the wax.
Experiment to find the correct waiting period for the conditions in your area.
Notes about our Melting Spoon:
- Useful for large or small projects.
- It is easy to practice seals on aluminum foil, parchment paper, or silicone mat, then remelt the wax in the melting spoon to use again.
- Create new colors and marbling effects by melting colors together.
To clean the Melting Spoon:
Warm the spoon if cool to soften/melt wax residue, and wrap inside a doubled-up paper towel (grabbing the spoon with the paper towel works best).
Spin and rub the spoon inside the towel as you push the towel into the areas you are cleaning.
All wax and soot is easily removed with this method - depending on the amount of residue you are removing you may find you will need to rewarm the spoon or use a paper towel or two.
Be careful of any hot wax on the paper towel!
Rose wax spoon
It doesn’t work with either of my wax furnaces.
Highest Quality Tool! Pictures truly do not do justice to this sealing wax essential. The wax well has a good sized pot deep enough for ease-of-use, while it does not require so much wax that it becomes too messy. Truly the best available, and I will definitely shop with this seller again. Everything was packaged for safe shipping~